Pulpwatch is a paid-for monthly analytical report covering developments and trends in the international pulp market, complemented by a monthly Podcast episode for listening on-the-go.
The pulp market is dynamic and complex and the factors driving the market are often obscured by a lack of price transparency. Pulpwatch addresses these issues in a monthly digestible report covering the following areas:
- The Pulpwatch market commentary interprets and puts into context the constantly-changing balances in the pulp market, essential to an understanding of the market’s likely future direction.
- In an industry focus section each month, Pulpwatch focuses on developments that are changing the shape of the industry. The coverage includes, for example, in-depth analysis of important pulp producing or consuming markets; the impact of investment plans on regional and world pulp and paper supply/demand balances; and the influence of changing raw material costs and exchange rates on producers' competitive advantages.
- The key statistics section of Pulpwatch is the most timely and comprehensive source of publicly available pulp and paper market data. For a full listing of the data we publish, please see below.
- Pulpwatch, the Podcast is an audio summary of the market commentary for those who wish to tune in to market developments on the go. The Podcast is typically released within a day of the written report.
Other regular sections of the monthly publication include a commentary on developments in the international printing and writing paper markets and an overview of the impact of recent exchange rate movements.
Download previous reports:
Click here to go to the Report Library and browse the back catalogue
View all reports
Monthly data series
The key statistics sections of Pulpwatch is the most timely and comprehensive source of publicly available pulp paper market data. The monthly data series include:
- Paper makers converting margins by region
- Printing and writing paper shipments by region
- Demand for bleached chemical market pulp by grade
- Demand for bleached chemical market pulp by region
- Pulp producers’ operating rates
- Consumers’ inventories of purchased pulp by region
- Days supply represented by producers’ stocks
- China’s imports of pulp by grade
- China's imports of waste paper by grade
- Market pulp price indications (30 pulp price series are updated monthly)