Pulpwatch is a monthly newsletter and dedicated website covering developments in the international pulp market.
The pulp market is dynamic and complex and the factors driving the market are often obscured by a lack of price transparency. The Pulpwatch market commentary
interprets and puts into context the constantly changing balances in the pulp market, essential to an understanding of the market’s likely future direction.
Other regular sections of the newsletter include a commentary on pulp derivative markets (swaps and futures), the impact of exchange rates and developments in printing and writing paper markets.
In an Industry focus section each month, Pulpwatch focuses on developments that are changing the shape of the industry. The coverage includes, for example, in-depth analysis of important pulp producing or consuming markets; the impact of investment plans on regional and world pulp and paper supply/demand balances; and the influence of changing raw material costs and exchange rates on producers' competitive advantages.
The Key statistics section of Pulpwatch is the most timely and comprehensive source of publicly available pulp and paper market data. The monthly data series include:
- Paper makers converting margins by region
- Printing and writing paper shipments by region
- Demand for bleached chemical market pulp by grade
- Demand for bleached chemical market pulp by region
- Shipments of bleached chemical market pulp by region of origin
- Production of bleached chemical market pulp by region
- Pulp producers’ operating rates
- Producers’ inventories of bleached chemical pulp by grade
- Consumers’ inventories of purchased pulp by region
- The ratio of pulp shipments to inventories
- Days supply represented by producers’ stocks
- China’s imports of pulp by grade
- Global average wood fibre price by quarter
- Market pulp price indications (35 pulp price series are updated monthly)